Sunday, December 19, 2010

Playing Catch-Up: Ben and Helena Loops

I had not realized how far behind I had fallen in my blog posting until I logged on yesterday and noticed that my last post was made in June. So, with the year now coming to a close, I'm going to do the best I can to "catch-up", as it were, and post pictures from some pretty monumental events this year.

Two very good friends of mine, Ben and Helena Loops, tied the knot back in mid-March. Their story is such an encouragement to those of us who are still learning how to wait , not only for a spouse, but how to wait on the Lord.













Ben's nieces were the flower girls for the wedding













Helena's home church in Cedar Rapids was the venue for both the wedding and the reception. Traveling to CR also gave me an opportunity to visit with a good family friend for a bit before the ceremony started.



































Lighting of the Unity Candle. I love this part of the ceremony because I think it's probably the first moment the bride and groom have really been able to have a private moment together.











As part of the table decor, Helena had put together four bookmarks with messages from the gospels. Even on her wedding day, she is thinking about how to reach people for Christ.



































Instead of the typical wedding reception dance, the bride and groom opted to have a board game theme. Here' s a group from Des Moines puzzling out a game of Blokus.




















Ben and Helena, thank you so much for the opportunity to take pictures of your special day! I am so blessed to know you and I look forward to many more years of doing life together at West Town.
All the Love,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment